Supporting farmers and engaging the local community in agriculture, in the heart of the beautiful Champlain Islands of Vermont.
Our mission is to develop the economic prosperity of Champlain Islands agriculture based businesses, and to engage and improve the well-being of the Grand Isle County community. Strong viable farms, well connected to local farm stands, CSAs, farmers' markets, and stores; providing fresh ingredients to local specialty food producers and restaurants; and engaging the community in a relationship with the land and agriculture, will build a vibrant agricultural economy in our region.
What WE DO
- We host farm tours and and gatherings for local farmers and food business entrepreneurs to build partnerships, embrace mutual support, and encourage innovation.
- We host events for the community, like our Savor the Islands Farm Dinners, to bring folks to farms for a great experience and delicious local foods.
- We partner with Food for Thought to provide high quality local foods to kids at risk of hunger in Grand Isle County through their supplemental meal program.
- We participate in the Northwest VT Healthy Roots Collaborative- to bring education, storage, and distribution solutions to the local food system in Grand Isle and Franklin Counties.
- We work in partnership with local farms and food businesses to promote Islands agricultural products to the local community, visitors, and the region.
- We are an educational, informational, and support network to local farmers and food business entrepreneurs- helping them build strong businesses rooted in our working landscape.